- Tomorrow is "Fun Day". I will be giving out the t-shirts today. Students should wear their t-shirt with any athletic shorts and tennis shoes. We will be running around playing games all day, so it is important that students wear athletic tennis shoes, as opposed to Converse or another slip-on shoe. Tomorrow is a noon dismissal (and my last Friday carpool duty, which is really something to be excited about!!)
- Our end-of-year pool party is on Monday. Thank you so much to the Hobbs for offering to host. We will leave school at 11:00. If you are driving, please plan on being here about 10:55. Parents are invited to attend part or all of the party. You may also take your child directly from the party. I realize some students may need to come back to school for play practice, carpool, or other after school activities. If that is the case, please let me know so we can determine how many drivers we need to return to school. Girls must wear one piece bathing suits and boys must wear bathing suit shorts, basically no Speedos for boys. I encourage students to wear their bathing suits to school under their close. Boys may just wear their bathing suit with a t-shirt. We will be having graduation practice on Monday, which means lots of walking up and down the chapel steps, so I still recommend everyone wear shoes that stay on their feet well, not flip-flops that may cause them to trip.
- Civil War Projects are due on Tuesday. I am incredibly impressed with the ones I've seen so far. Students should be doing the majority of the writing at school, but may need to work some over the weekend. This will be their last project/homework assignment of Lower School and I am looking forward to seeing the results.
- The LS musical is next Wednesday at 8:30. This year's production is "The Emperor's New Clothes". There will also be a 7:00 pm performance.
- Starting next Tuesday, students will begin bringing home their supplies. Thursday is our last official day of school. It is a noon dismissal.
- For Recognition Day on Friday, please have your child at school by 7:40. They should come to the room and we will all walk over to line up together. They do not need to bring anything to school that day. The chapel fills up quickly, so you may just want to get a seat once you drop off your student. Students wear their chapel uniforms. The ceremony last about an hour and then their is a reception in the Upper School Plaza until 10:00.
- I have updates all the "Paparazzi Picts" up to this point. http://mrssartainsfifthgrade.weebly.com/paparazzi-picts.html
- I would like to say a special thank you to our room moms, Denice Burch and Hyde Desloge. They have done a wonderful job keeping everything organized this year and making our lives easier. Jennifer and I are eternally grateful for all their hard work.
I hope I've covered all the important info, but I'll send you all an email if anything else comes up. Thank you for a great year!